Skip to main content

Rio: Usain Bolt claims 200m gold medal


 Rio: Usain Bolt claims 200m gold medalUsain Bolt won the men’s 200m to claim his second gold medal at Rio 2016, his eighth at an Olympics, and keep alive his hopes of a ‘treble treble’.
The Jamaican ran 19.78 seconds to come home ahead of Canada’s Andre de Grasse and France’s Christophe Lemaitre.
Britain’s Adam Gemili clocked the same time as Lemaitre, but was denied his first Olympic medal in a photo finish.
Bolt, 29, has already won the 100m in Rio and will run in the 4x100m relay final on Friday (02:35 BST, Saturday).
He is aiming to match his achievement of claiming gold in the 100m, 200m and 4x100m relay at both Beijing 2008 and London 2012.
Bolt, who said in February he would retire after the 2017 World Championships, has won all eight of the Olympic finals in which he has appeared.
“The fact I came here and executed what I wanted to is a brilliant feeling,” he told BBC Sport.
“I wasn’t happy with the time when I crossed the line but I’m excited I got the gold medal – that’s the key thing.”
Bolt believed he could break his world record of 19.19 and even go under 19 seconds in Rio’s Olympic Stadium.
So the slow time – by his standards at least – left the Jamaican gesticulating angrily as he crossed the line more than two tenths of a second ahead of De Grasse.
But Bolt quickly broke into a beaming smile, celebrating with a trademark ‘Lightning Bolt’ as thousands of fans chanted his name. – BBC.

Popular posts from this blog

Steps On How Not To Run Out Of Money Before You Run Out Of Time

Do you find out that your monthly pay and/or pension payouts are not enough to reasonably sustain you? What about your monthly Social Security check? Do you notice that even with all the scrimping and saving you did as a young whipper snapper, you now spend beyond your means? If so, you are not alone. According to a survey conducted by Indexed Annuity Leadership Council, 25 percent of Americans are worried they will outlive their income. Perhaps, like many other people, you didn’t prepare for your golden years as well as you probably should have. Maybe you invested well, but then—right out of left field—you lost big in September, 2008, when the stock market crashed. Perhaps your nest egg was completely depleted or it took you up until now to recover . . . or maybe you haven’t recovered from the loss. The economy is constantly changing and the stock market is a total crapshoot; it’s not easy to keep up with the signs of the times. (It’s even more trying to keep up with the Jo...

Possible keys to Improving Your Attitude

Possible keys to Improving Your Attitude An Attitude can be defined as the manner,   disposition,   feeling,   position,   etc.,   with   regard   to   a  person   or   thing;   tendency   or   orientation,   especially   of   the mind : Attitude can also be described as the way you think about yourself or somebody else. An individual’s attitude is developed from their own internal feelings and thoughts,   and is inherent in each person’s unique behavior. Considering this, attitude can be a result of both personal experiences and observed experiences of others. These can be influenced by social roles and norms. The conclusions that are drawn from each and every experience influence each individual’s  beliefs  and behaviors. The interesting thing is that, these  attitudes can change and improve.  Everyone feels good when they are praised for showing a positive...

Tonto Dikeh Reveals Separation From Husband, Churchill Olakunle

Nollywood actress, Tonto Dikeh has revealed she and her husband, Churchill Olakunle are no longer together and he has not called to check up on her and their son since she left. She wrote; “Dear ‘concerned’ fan, Good day. How are you and your family? My regards, love and greetings to them. Now to address a little bit of your letter, firstly I say I do appreciate your concern. Then I move on to say thank you. When a woman leaves her husband, she takes her child because absolutely nothing else matters to her but the child. This is what I did and I happily give all access for his father to see him. Now my question to you is that did your source also tell you that he has never called for once to Ask how his son is doing? I will admit, I personally blocked his access to me for the sake of my emotional stability. But nonetheless he has the nannys no, my assistants contact,my part time helps number, and many other mediums of reaching the son your source claims I “took away”. He co...